Well, hello there. Yes, new versions of libnotify and notification-daemon have been released! A lot has happened in these releases, including Notification spec changes, themes, and a massive amount of bug fixes.
Now, many have asked why there wasn't a release announcement for the previous versions. After the release, it was clear that many people weren't happy with some of the changes made. A few changes have been reverted, and a number of improvements have been made. The previous release wasn't really ready for release, but 0.3.2 is, so go nuts!
libnotify 0.3.2 Release Notes:
- Added back notify_get_server_info() and notify_get_server_caps().
- Fixed to work with D-BUS 0.36 and higher. However, it's best to note that due to bugs in versions of the D-BUS GLib bindings before 0.60, raw image data cannot be sent in notifications. A warning will be outputted to the console.
- Added assertions to all of the API functions so that invalid data passed won't crash the calling program.
- Added automatic notification removal for non-expiring notifications and notifications with actions when the calling application closes.
- Fixed issues where the header files couldn't always be included in some programs.
- Fixed a lot of compiler errors and warnings.
- Fixed C99 usage.
- Added the ability to set user data on action callbacks on a per-action basis.
- Fixed notify-send to work without crashing.
- Fixed the library to send messages appropriate to the D-BUS specification.
- Cleaned up the API a lot.
- Renamed NOTIFY_TIMEOUT_* to NOTIFY_EXPIRES_*.
- Removed notify_notification_show_and_forget().
- Internal changes to remove the number of DBusGProxy connections, and make sure it's initialized before using any D-BUS GValue-related code. This fixes raw image sending.
notification-daemon 0.3.2 Release Notes:
- Renamed the program back to notification-daemon.
- Reverted the default look back to the notification-daemon 0.2.x look, but with improvements, such as flexible arrow positioning and cleaner action separators.
- Updated to match the notification spec correctly.
- Added the beginnings of theme support. The look from notification-daemon v0.3.1 can be set in a GConf key, though it is not yet fully functional.
- Added back action support.
- Added back support for D-BUS 0.36 and higher.
- Added back the GetCapabilities and GetServerInformation calls.
- Added back suppor for markup and hyperlinks in the new theme.
- Fix several cases of C99 usage, and other compiler problems.
- Fixed a bug where the desktop work area (the area excluding panels) wasn't being taken into consideration when positioning notifications.
- Fixed several crash bugs.
Posted by chipx86